Passage: Mark 14:1–14:52
- What are the sacrifices you make on a regular basis? Are they worth it? Or are they “ridiculous forms of sacrifice”?
- Read Mark 14:1-11. Why do you think the woman in this story was willing to “sacrifice” the ointment for Jesus? What should motivate us to sacrifice for Jesus?
- Read Mark 14:17-31. The Last Supper is flanked by two predictions of Jesus’ betrayal and denial? What does this teach us about the nature of those for whom Christ died? The context of the Last Supper is the Passover. What does this teach us about the nature of Christ’s death?
- How does Jesus sacrifice for us motivate you to sacrifice for him?
- What does it mean, in real life, to “sacrifice everything because Jesus is worth it?”