A Prayer for Convictional, Compassionate, and Collaborative Leaders
July 31, 2016 Preacher: Guest Speaker Series: Stand Alone Sermons
Passage: Titus 1:5–9
Guest Speaker: Dr. David Dockery
- Read verses 1-4. Questioning the truth has always been one of Satan’s weapons against God’s people. Where do you see a tendency toward “flexodoxy” or shifting foundations of belief?
- Read verses 7-8. While these characteristics are given to guide Titus in appointing elders, they are characteristics all Christians should seek. Is there something on this list you could focus on this week.
- Leaders don’t develop these qualities after being put in leadership. How can we develop and instill these values now in the next generation of leaders?
- How can those of us who are being led affirm, encourage, and respond to our leaders as they seek to live lives of character with a commitment to hold fast to sound doctrine? What is your attitude or posture toward our leaders?
- Spend some time praying for First Free’s elders and ministry staff as well as the ministry of Trinity International University.
Ministry Staff: Mike Andrus, Josh Black, Jo Coltrain, Dick High, Judy Hollander, Tom Kluge, Jordan Krahn, Lucas McGarity, John Ni, Curt Romig, Matt Stanghelle, Phil Thengvall, Jeff Warren
Elders: Richard Anderson, Josh Black, Ken Bengtson,Rick Conklin, Jim Gustavson, Dick High, Clayton Laird, Jim Logan, Dave Netherton, Jeff Syrios, Byron West, Jamin Will, Kurt Yowell
More in Stand Alone Sermons
January 8, 2023Not Home Yet
January 1, 2023A Spiritual House
February 27, 2022Get Your Mind Right